Buying Your Home – Working With a Real Estate Agent
Can I use an agent for a new home?
Yes, however buyers should be aware of the differences inherent in working with sales agents who are employed by the developer, rather than traditional real estate agents.
Builders commonly require that an outside agent be present, and sign in, the first time a prospective purchaser visits a site before payment of commission even is discussed. At times when buyers use an advertisement to find the development themselves first, builders can refuse to pay any commission regardless of how helpful an agent may become later in the process. It is advisable to call the development first and inquire about their policy on compensating real estate agents if you are using one.
How do I find a real estate agent?
Getting a recommendation from a friend or work colleague is an excellent way to find a good agent. Be sure to ask if they would use the agent again. You also can call the managers of reputable real estate firms and ask them for recommendations of agents who have worked in your neighborhood. In any case, whether you are a buyer or a seller, you should interview at least three agents to give yourself a choice. A good agent typically works full-time and has several years of experience. If you are a seller, you should expect to review a comparative market analysis, which includes recent home sale prices in your area, when you talk to a prospective agent.
Why Use Jason?
- You will have full access to ALL homes available in the Tri-Valley market, even listings not yet on the MLS, through my professional California real estate affiliations.
- My expert local knowledge of the San Ramon, Danville and Dublin area should be invaluable to you, not just in terms of real estate, but also schools, neighborhoods, the local economy, and more.
- Every local real estate market absolutely has its own trends and opportunities. This can vary greatly, even one neighborhood to the next. The Tri-Valley is no different! It’s my job to steer you into opportunities and out of traps.
- What is the true market value of the home you are interested in? Is it priced too high? Is it a bargain that you should jump on? I help home buyers make decisions like this every day, and I’ll make sure that YOU get the best value for your money.
- Negotiating with sellers can be stressful. I will help you negotiate, so that the final contract includes your best possible terms and conditions.
- You should know absolutely everything about the property you are buying! You and I will view every home that you are interested in, together. And prior to closing I will make you fully aware of any and all inspections available to you.
- Have confidence when signing documents. Contracts are full of complicated terms and clauses that can greatly affect your future life in your new home. I will give you the full benefit of my real estate knowledge and experience.
Let me represent your best interests in your search for a new home in the San Ramon, Danville and Dublin area. While you can see a million homes on the web, actually buying your home is another matter entirely.
Ask me any question about buying a home in the San Ramon, Danville and Dublin area. It’s my job to help you! There’s no obligation, and I promise to respond quickly…